But I realize that the vast majority of you do not know me. I mean really know me. What you know of me is strictly through a computer screen. Though I try very hard to be transparent and real, you only see what I allow you to see.
Any positive thing that you see on this blog or on the ABCJLM website is because of the Holy Spirit. I truly am humbled that God has chosen me as His vessel to aid families, churches, preschools, and groups to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
In reality, I am a mom or teacher just like you. I struggle to keep it together, focus on what is important, and keep my eyes on Jesus.
To help you better know me, I want to share the down-to-earth, naked-truth, let’s-be-honest stuff that women really struggle with.
So here goes nothing…
23 Things (I Don’t Want You to Know) About Me
- There are days when I honestly forget to brush my teeth. Disgusting, I know! Some days, it’s noon or later before I make time for this important task.
- I have been known to hide things in my dishwasher or oven before people come over.
- There are times when I get frustrated with my kiddos which elevates my volume – and blood pressure. Dear Lord, help me!
- I really, really dislike exercising. While God is slowly moving my heart over to understand the need, I definitely don’t have a desire to work out.
- My work desk is a disaster area 99% of the time. This is why I got an armor (with doors) for my computer stand.
- I struggle saving the world all while losing my family. It is a balancing act I have to keep in check.
- At times, I desire a straightened house so badly that I bowl over anything and anyone in my way.
- Being strong-willed makes me hard to live with. Just ask my husband.
- I am really bad about placing expectations on other people. Unfortunately for them, they don’t receive the memo.
- I flunked “style” in high school and college. My hair and dress are anything but stylish. It’s a joke among my friends. Has to do with the natural curly hair, tight pocketbook, and that I don’t get out much.
- Sometime, I choose to block out the world – my family – by blogging or updating my websites. I call it my “mommy drug.”
- I can not write. I know it…My past composition teacher bled red pens on my papers to prove it. Remind me again why I have a blog?
- Because I can not write, I often have errors in my blog posts. Most of the errors I catch afterwards despite much proofreading. This is a huge frustration for me.
- The traits that I hate about myself are the traits in my children that absolutely drive me bonkers.
- I often ask my husband if God has told him to become a missionary in Africa. This is serious fear of mine.
- I don’t cry very much but just hearing my mom or aunt’s voice can make me cry when I am having one of “those” days.
- I am very prideful. (See #8)
- I put very high expectations on myself. So high that I fail to live up to them most of the time.
- Some days I am jealous that my husband gets to go to work and that I have to stay at home and keep the peace.
- Showering is not high on my priority list most days. (See #1)
- I don’t drink enough water to keep a camel alive.
- I can not ever get ahead “enough.”
- I can not run. It is a very big joke amongst our friends to try and get me to run just so they can have a laugh and try to get a video as they are sure it would go viral on YouTube. (See #4)
And there you have it! If that doesn’t make you quit reading this blog and search for my credentials, I don’t know what will!
But as I look over this list, I am reminded of my brokenness. My need for a Savior. Because without the saving grace of my Lord and the work of the Holy Spirit I would be a pile of clay. Praise God that He has taken this cracked pot and made it a vessel He can use.
As you use share on the ABCJLM Facebook pages and with your friends, I encourage you to drop the facade. Let’s be real with each other. Let’s make ABCJLM and Our Out-of-Sync Life places where “We all are broken. We all matter. And One gets the glory.”