So far, I have shared with you specific ideas to keep Jesus and others the center of your Christmas activities. But, I have only touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to options.
Here are a few more. But for these ideas, I am not sharing specifics, just the ideas for you to make them your own.
- Look through photo albums. Laugh about the fun times and family memories.
- Play games that have lots of actions and activity
- Read Christmas books together
- Go caroling in the neighborhood or the nursing home
- Bundle up and walk through the neighborhood or a local park
- Drive around the town look at the Christmas lights while wearing your pajamas
- Discuss what everyone’s favorite memory of the year
- Decorate Christmas cookies or candies
Your imagination is the limit. And the only thing that will keep these activities from being fun is your attitude.
Now, I am speaking to myself.
As moms, sometimes we need to lower our expectations on what the traditions will look like. Oftentimes, I find that my picture-perfect images actually include teenagers and not toddlers. Secondly, we have to be willing to go-with-the flow instead of stick with our plans for what will make the activity perfect. And last, remember to laugh. Because laughter makes any activity fun and memorable!
I hope that you have enjoyed the Christmas Traditions and ideas that we have shared on this blog. My prayer is that you have been able to incorporate at least one of these ideas into your family to help keep Jesus and others the center of your celebrations.
What has been your favorite Christmas idea?