UPDATE: For easy access and viewing, this list has been updated on the ABCJLM Amazon Shop.
There is a plethora of wonderful children’s books focusing on Christmas so I assumed that finding 25 quality books would be a cinch. But in my search, I found most of the lists contained books that focused on the commercial side of the holiday. So with the help of some precious ladies in our group, I compiled a list that intermixes fun and teaching the true meaning of Christmas.
25 Count-Down to Christmas Books
These 25 books are simply suggestions. Additional options to substitute as needed as listest below. Also fill free to change the order as needed!
- The Sparkle Box: A Gift with the Power to Change Christmas by Jill Hardie (Read my review and enter to win.)
- The Biggest Snowman Ever
- What Is Christmas?
- The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving
- The Story of Christmas
- Snowmen at Night
- The Tale of Three Trees
- The Hat
- The Littlest Christmas Tree: A Tale of Growing and Becoming
- A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree
- Poppleton in Winter
- The Candymaker’s Gift: The Legend of the Candy Cane
- God Gave Us Christmas
- Itsy Bitsy Christmas: You’re Never Too Little for His Love
- The Perfect Christmas Pageant (Everyday Zoo)
- Mortimer’s Christmas Manger
- Christmas Cookies: Bite-Size Holiday Lessons by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Song of the Stars: A Christmas Story
by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- The Gingerbread Man
- The Very First Christmas from the Beginner’s Bible
- Morris’ Disappearing Bag
- Room for a Little One: A Christmas Tale
- Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree
- Who is Coming to Our House?
- The Bible – Luke 2
Additional Christmas Book Options
Below is a list of books that others have suggested that may also be use.
One Shining Star: A Christmas Counting Book
Christmas Books by Crystal Bownman – Several books written by this talented author.
Secular Christmas Books
These super cute books contain discussion of Santa Claus.