Master Bedroom Closet? Check.
Master Bedroom? On today’s list.
The longer that I am married and the older our kiddos get, the more important our bedroom becomes. It is our quiet zone. Our place of rest. Our little sanctuary.
In the mornings, it is the place that I come to the feet of my Savior. I prepare for the day. During the day, sometimes it is my escape where I beg God to give me the strength and grace to make it through one more melt down. In the evenings, it is the place for my husband and I to catch up on the events of the day. At night it is our place of rest.
Pretty important room? Yeah.
Yet, I find that it is the room that gets the least attention. Least decor. Least cleaning.
I think this needs to change.
Today, it is time to clean the master bedroom. Same steps:
1. Prepare for the day. Put on your tennis shoes. Turn on the tunes. Gather the supplies. Rally the troops.
2. Sort – keep, trash, give. Start on one side of the room and rotate around working from top to bottom.
3. Take the “Give Away” bag(s) and “Throw Away” bag(s) to the garage (or other designated spot) to add to the other bags.
4. Look at your “Goal.” If walls, vacuuming, and windows are on the list, this is now the time for the deep cleaning. But be warned, only do the cleaning on your list.
5. Return things to their rightful place.
6. A new step: Beautify. What can you do to make this room your little piece of heaven? Do you need to spend some moolah and purchase a new bedspread, decor, or just a few candles? Talk to your husband. Maybe invite a friend with decor abilities to give you ideas. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money but make the Master Bedroom a room that is special.
For me, it was finally putting some frames on the wall and hanging a decoration my husband bought me for Christmas 1 1/2 years ago. Sad, I know!
One more thought:
Although this is not a hard and fast rule, our children are not allowed into our bedroom unless invited. They know that this room is mommy and daddy’s room. This rule has definitely helped keep our bedroom special and sacred.
Would you be willing to share? What does your bedroom need?
Next blog post…