These cookies are definitely a favorite at our house. Easy to make and fun to bake together.
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Have your child remove wrappers from chocolates. (This is an excellent fine motor activity.)
3. Beat shortening and peanut butter. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. (Kids love to do this but be careful because the cookie sheet is hot.)
7. Remove cookies to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.
*Peanut Allergy Alert